Friday, January 8, 2010

Winterset
















So even with school going we have managed to have some fun this semester. I just wanted to catch up our blog with some of the stuff we've done. These pictures are from Winterset, Iowa. Its the birth place of John Wayne. He only lived there for 3-4 years so I don't know how much claim they have to him, but lots of people were there to go through the house. Its mostly this little white house with some furniture, walls covered with pictures, and some of the clothes that he wore. It wasn't what we were expecting but it was still pretty cool and interesting. They have a little gift shop there and a giant fenced in yard. They also have this cute black and white cat there who was just about ready to have kittens. I tried really hard to get Daren to let me take her home, but he wouldn't give. She was so fun following us around the yard and sidewalk while we took pictures. I even tried to tell him we could sell the kittens on ebay as decendants of John Wayne's first pet, but he wouldn't go for it either. Maybe if we go back and she's still there....

No comments:

Post a Comment